- A.A. or equivalent education or experience in a human services field
- One year of direct service experience and familiar with issues of violence against women
- Bilingual (Spanish-speaking) preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and telephone
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers hotline
- Conducts shelter screening and intakes
- Provides crisis intervention as needed
- Helps residents become acquainted with shelter and other residents upon arrival
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of the facility and property (including, but not limited to: vacuuming, laundry, loading/unloading groceries, shoveling, raking, mopping)
- Ensures safety of shelter by conducting various checks of premises including alarms, windows, doors, appliances, and bedrooms
- Prepares bedrooms for new residents including washing drying and putting away linen
- Enforce shelter rules and guidelines
- Enter statistical data into computer and compile as required
- Completes required paperwork
- Attends staff meetings as required
- Maintains client case records
- Provide transportation to residents and adhere to all safety laws/policies regarding seat belts, car seat requirements and speed limits at all times.
- Adhere to awake overnight accountability and reporting procedures
- Respond to medical advocacy needs as necessary
- Performs other related duties as needed
Hourly Rate: $11.00 plus $1.25/hour shift differential for overnight hours worked
Please e-mail resume/cover letter to: email@example.com
Internal Applicants must submit updated resumes with letters of interest.