The Family Resource Specialist (FRS) will work with agency staff, parents and community partners to assess, refer and advocate for families; identify and catalogue resources; engage community partners in offering some of their services on-site; reach out to families in their homes and other places when they cannot get to the center; assist families in overcoming barriers to resource access; and identify needed services not currently being provided in the Springfield community.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Assess the needs and strengths of families requesting support.
- Engage and support families using a strength-based approach.
- Provide families with resources, referrals, and advocacy.
- Identify community resources and build collaborative relationships with community agencies.
- Engage parents in leadership development activities and the development of mutual support networks.
- Generate public awareness of the Family Resource Center.
- Maintain the Family Resource Center space.
- Organize workshops/training for families and the community.
- Participate in quality assurance and program evaluation for the programs.
- Participate in the planning of community and Coalition events.
- Facilitate family and parenting support groups.
- Represent the Family Resource Center in community and statewide networking and educational opportunities.
- Participate in FRC team meetings and planning retreats.
- Other duties as requested and assigned by the Coalition Coordinator.
The ability to work with diverse populations in a community-based setting using a family-centered, strength based approach. Availability to work some evenings and weekends. Bachelors Degree in Social Work or other human service field is preferred. However, candidates with an extensive background of working with families are strongly encouraged to apply. Bi-lingual, especially in Spanish and/or Vietnamese. MA driver’s license and access to a vehicle required.
Starting Salary: 33K- Excellent Benefits
Please email or send resume and cover letter to:
Springfield Family Support Programs P.O. Box 1489, Springfield, MA 01101
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Cindy Stovall, Executive Director