(including evening activities for students and/or graduates)
- B.A. in social work, counseling or Human Services or equivalent education; BSW preferred
- Minimum 3 years related experience in personal and career counseling with young adults
- Ability to establish and relate sensitively to a multiracial/multicultural group of young people
- Knowledge of human service, health, court and criminal justice systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete Individual Development Plan for each student
- Assess personal needs of YouthBuild participants and help coordinate resources to meet their needs.
- Provide immediate crisis intervention and support students in the moment; develop relationships within mental health system and refer students for long-term counseling needs as necessary
- Advocate with human service, health, court and criminal justice systems to resolve issues facing young people.
- Meet with participants at regular intervals to assess their goals and progress or barriers to achievement and submit progress reports to Site Director
- Red flag and put plans in place with any students who have attendance concerns so that minimally 85% attendance rates may be achieved
- Teach life skills classes to students
- Assist in teaching of leadership development classes and develop leadership opportunities with members
- Assist Employment Navigator in teaching and/or reinforcing of career development skills ( those needed to transition to the workplace, including: job search methods, telephone skills, job applications, resumes, interviewing skills, cover letters and thank you letters, terminating from a job, local labor market, education and training requirements for various career areas, work maturity skills, dependability, communication skills, interpersonal relations, initiative/productivity, and managing personal responsibility) including arranging speakers to help implement the career development program.
- Assist with program recruitment, intake and assessment of new participants
- Participate in student evaluation process.
- Complete all agency records, reports and data collection as required and in a timely manner
- Attend all YWCA staff and supervision meetings and trainings as required
- Ongoing communication with Site Director and other staff regarding any concerns and issues in addition to student goal attainment.
- Coordinate programming for graduates and submit any changes in contact information to administrative assistant to update in data base.
- Other related duties as assigned
Location: Springfield Hourly Rate: $14.00
Please e-mail resume/cover letter to: email@example.com
Internal applicants must submit update resumes with letters of interest.